Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Frivolity

It's Friday, the end to a week that was full of long, heavy, somewhat stressful meetings.  So how does one unwind from a week like this?  For starters a short fast run before the rain, and then a long stroller ride with my favorite guy after the rain.  Jett and I were fortunate that just as we stepped out the door a beautiful spring rainbow appeared.

The unwinding continues with a little Friday frivolity. We all have those things that we do that are dorky or edgy, slightly weird, unconventional, in certain company perhaps a little bit salacious, and that if done excessively may put us in the same category as the people from the "My Strange Addiction Show." These guilty pleasures get us through this kind of week when we just need something light to preoccupy our attention for a bit.

For me this list includes watching The Real Housewives or Bethenny Ever After, making my own Girl Scout cookie blizzard with mint chip ice cream and Thin Mints, munching on chocolate covered popcorn, reading People Magazine, or perhaps the worst, listening to teenie bop music by Ashlee Simpson (yes, she recorded a very crappy album about a decade ago before the whole Pete Wentz thing and child named after a Disney character) and "Party in the USA" by Miley Cirus. No judgement people!

But let me add another to the list that has jumped to the top of things I do when real life is bogging me down, a blog that my sister told me about, Suri's Burn Book.  This is perhaps the most hilarious blog that I have ever read.  It's written from the perspective of Suri Cruise, framing her as a celebrity toddler hater and professional criticizer of all things TomKat.  Her post about Jessica Simpson's recent cover of Elle Magazine made me laugh so hard I was almost crying.  So incredibly funny! A truly great way to salute the week goodbye and ring in the weekend with a few laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment