Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Graduation Staycation Road Trip: Prepping for the Car Ride

Kevin has finished his masters degree.  Woohoo, yippee, hallelujah, can I get an Amen!  I'm incredibly proud of the hard work that he has put in over the last three and half years to not only graduate, but graduate with a 4.0 GPA.

When we learned that he would finish the program this summer, naturally his "lets do something - lets celebrate - lets get out of the house" wife encouraged him to "walk" put on a cap and gown and commemorate the occasion.  Which has led us to this weekend's Graduation Staycation Road Trip to Kearney for the ceremony.  Roughly 178 miles, 2 hours and 52 minutes in the car...with a toddler.  With an active toddler, who has recently become very aware that he is "stuck!" in his car seat. 

I am in total awe of parents who travel with their kiddos cross country to visit family, or fly with their babies on vacation, so I'll try and keep my whining to a minimum.  But I'm a little nervous about it all. It will be our longest road trip to date, and while my rendition of "Wheels On The Bus" is pretty darn good, but it's definitely not three hours good. 

So, I'm looking for suggestions, help, creative ideas, anything!  What do you do to keep your kiddos entertained in the car?  We will have the iPad along, but I haven't explored many of the kid-friendly apps yet.  Which are your favorites?

More updates from the road coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment