Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

I should have been an engineer!

This is a glimpse into a working mama's lunch break.
10:55 a.m. - Guy from Jimmy Johns drops off teenie tiny sandwich samples (and I catch wind before the mayo congeals on the break room counter.) Score!  I won't have to eat at home.
11:23 a.m. - At a good stopping point, if I leave now I can beat traffic and get started on laundry. 
11:32 a.m - Home, empty trash from the car, find lipstick on the car floor, take boxes from Sunday School skit downstairs.  RATS! - Forgot the stroller in the back of the car - text mom, "Wil brng stroller ovr at 1." Bring puppy upstairs for a walk.
11:45 a.m. - Oscar is walked.  Stomach rumbles. Did I mention that was a teenie, tiny sandwich?  Quick salad of spinach, strawberries, mango and feta.  Clean out the refrigerator while I eat.  Eew, how old is that coleslaw? Garbage disposal, take out trash.
11:57 a.m. Still chewing. Put away coats, diaper bag, and miscellaneous toys in the baby's room.  Another bite. Gather laundry. Baby bottles are sitting on the floor of the bedroom because I didn't wash them in the morning - yuck!  Wash and sterilize bottles.
12:06 p.m. Oh yeah, I need to run to Walgreens!  Laundry downstairs, sorted quickly - not started because I irrationally worry about flooding the house, starting a fire, etc...which I guess would in hind site take care of the dirty laundry situation.
12:07 p.m. "Come on Oscar, come on good puppy, let's go downstairs."
12:12 p.m. "Oscar, let's go!"
12:15 p.m. Walgreens.  What did I come in here for?  They have body wash on sale!  FOCUS.
12:25 p.m. Driving to Mom's.
12:36 p.m. Stroller unpacked.  I should get back to work, but mom hands me a hot cup of coffee.  The baby gives me a big hug.  Oh, did I mention there is cake?  Quick snack, quick chat, quick game of ball.
1:06 p.m. Finally back to work.  It's a good thing that my boss is understanding (Moi) and that I worked three nights last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment