Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Incredible Itinerary

Are there travel agents any more?  I really don't know.  With the creation of online booking and sites like Trip Advisor it seems a little unnecessary.  It's really too bad, because I think I would be an exceptional one!  I'd like to go back to 1980 and find out.  I could totally rock the perm, but I think the stirrup pants and blue eye shadow might kill me. 

We are back from NYC, and if the sore muscles from walking 15-20 miles a day wasn't enough reality for me, the three and half hours of email clean-up certainly snapped me back.  I'm really glad to be home, and missed my sweet baby a ton, but it was a FANTASTIC trip, and I'm incredibly glad that we did it.  It was a first NYC trip for my Aunt Hope and I, and a second run for Lillie (but her first experience was a high school band trip, so that doesn't totally count.)  For weeks I poured over Trip Advisor reviews, and Fodor's 2012 NYC guide and created an itinerary that I thought was a rough outline of what we might get to see.

Saturday
Arrive in NYC at 5:45 p.m.
Walk through Times Square
Supper at John's Pizzeria on 44th

Sunday
Walk through Central Park to the Met
The Met – Opens at 9:30 a.m.
Lunch in the Met cafeteria
Madison Ave window shopping
Somewhere fun for supper - This ended up being "Hell's Kitchen" on the corner of 9th and 39th.

Monday
Walk through NBC Studio area - wave at the Today Show cameras (which we did and saw Al Roker and Sasha Baren Cohen as "The Dictator")
NBC Studio Tours – 8:30 a.m.
Walk through Rockefeller Center
Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island – Noon
Ground Zero
St. Paul's Chapel
Dinner at Bouchon Bakery - The best carrot and orange soup, and grilled cheese sandwich ever!  Not to mention a great view of Rockefeller Center.

Tuesday
Standby Tickets for The Chew – 7:15 a.m.
Taping from 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
Walk through Central Park to the Guggenheim
Guggenheim

Afternoon Tea at The Plaza – 2:30 p.m.
5th Ave Shopping
Light bite at Famiglia Pizza

Wednesday
Home!
This itinerary worked remarkably well and we saw everything on our list and more!  Except for getting caught in grid-lock traffic on the way to the Battery Park for our Statue of Liberty tour and almost not making it, and a brief mix up on the lines for "Live with Kelly" versus the line for seeing Clinton Kelly on "The Chew," it all went off without a hitch.  Even those moments were true quintessential New York moments that made for a great experience.
This is the first in a series of posts about our trip to The City!  Tomorrow more on the food...yummm...

No comments:

Post a Comment