|The "Real" Runners|
|Corn on my right, beans on the left.|
1. Nike Tempo shorts are the greatest invention. Ever. (I guess that's not about running or myself per say, but I learned that I need to buy more.)
2. I'm not very competitive, but I am the Miss Congeniality of the race. When we reached the half way point and turned around I was the only one who was cheering on the people in the last half. I started wondering if this is unspoken etiquette that you aren't supposed to talk to your fellow racers...
3. I don't know the rules or etiquette of running. Which side are you supposed to pass on? Is it appropriate to give someone the thumbs up when they pass you? Is it okay to stop and take pictures?
4. I can't drink and run. I must stop, sip, and then continue.
5. Litter bothers me more than I thought. Come on people, this isn't the Summer Games, slow down enough to get your paper cup in the trash can. Thank you.
6. Short strides uphill, long strides downhill.
7. My iPhone playlist is a little questionable. Flo Rida, Nicky Minaj, Ke$ha, Kanye, Black Eyed Peas, and until I heard all the songs back to back, I hadn't realized I downloaded all my hip hop tunes with the explicit language, oops.
8. A funnel cake may not be the best breakfast after running a 10K.
9. You MUST, repeat, MUST stop and stretch well after running. Not just touch your toes and push the stroller, but seriously stretch. Otherwise you will wish you were dead rest of the day.
10. I really love running. Who would have guessed?